Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tables Vs. CSS - A Fight to the Death

I created my very first web site using tables with following properties: width: 700 px, height: 500 px, background colour: ##000000, border: 1 px, border colour: #FFFFFF, align center.

When viewed on a browser it worked perfectly, the way I wanted, so why bother using CSS. Well, I may be still in "dark age" but having fun to see fight going on...no doubt looks like someone will be the winner here...!

"The first time I surfed the Internet it was through a dumb terminal. After a short while, its monochromatic screen was spewing out the full script to Monty Python's "Holy Grail" from a server in Minnesota. It was nothing short of magical. We had no mouse, no fancy interfaces and certainly no 24-bit color. Gopher ruled all. To search, we used Archie and Veronica. No one had heard of the World Wide Web. For a while, that seemed to be enough."

Resource Website: www.sitepoint.com/article/tables-vs-css

No comments: